Extrusion Technician / Line Operator
Are you a natural problem solver, passionate about delivering extraordinary results? Are you looking for a reliable, challenging, and rewarding career? If so, Custom Profiles, Inc. wants to hear from you! We’re seeking a goal-oriented, hard-working team member with a detail-oriented mindset to operate equipment within our facility in Fitzgerald, Georgia.
Custom Profiles is a family-owned U.S.A. company founded on a simple idea: that the plastics extrusion business could be done even better so more domestic manufacturing companies can grow. For us, doing the business of plastics extrusion better means putting people at the heart of our business. For over thirty-two years, our teams have focused on solving our customers’ problems and preventing headaches along the way. Work on a team that puts the needs of our customers and employees first. Apply today!
- Full Time: Day Shift or Night Shift
- Multiple 12-hour shifts, an average of 44 hrs/week
- Limited Part-Time Positions
- Full Benefits Package
- Paid Overtime and Holiday Pay
Full Job Description
Extrusion Technicians / Line Operators at Custom Profiles are primarily responsible for maintaining production equipment elements like start-up, operation, changeover, shutdown, and preventative maintenance. Equipment may include but is not limited to, extrusion line equipment, tools, and or/dies. A positive attitude, the ability to work in an environment with limited supervision, and a willingness to contribute to a continuous improvement environment while meeting the following responsibilities and requirements are critical. On-site training is provided.
- Follow and operate equipment in accordance with our Company Safety Policy.
- Perform manual tasks such as loading and supplying production line items and reworking and packaging products.
- Follow supervisor instructions for machine line operations
- Report to supervisor with mechanical or operational errors
- Able to work well with others
- Maintain a positive attitude and good attendance
- Responsible for keeping the work area clean and organized
- Perform quality assurance checks and testing compliance according to company and/or design facility standards.
- Provide general plant, production line, and facility clean up
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One (1) year of production experience, preferably in the extrusion/manufacturing process.
- Focus on safe work practices and high quality while executing duties with a sense of urgency.
- Work efficiently self-directed or in a team environment.
- Physically able to safely lift boxes, bundles, and/or reels weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Physically able to stand on concrete for 8 – 12 hours per day.
- Physically able to bend and squat at regular intervals.
- Forklift and pallet jack experience (required in some locations).
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening required
Benefits / Other
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k) with employer contribution, tuition reimbursement, operational bonuses, paid holidays, and vacation. Insurance coverage includes medical, dental, vision, and prescription drugs.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., you must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing an employer-sponsored visa (work permit).
Opportunities & Referrals
We are always looking for great people to join our team! If you, or someone you know, would be a good fit for the culture at Custom Profiles Inc., we’d like to hear from you. Visit our Careers page for more information about Custom Profiles and additional career opportunities.
We are grateful to all candidates who apply to work with our organization; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.